There are three ways of applying for admission to Siaya Institute of Technology namely online application, personally visiting the Institute (on-site application) and by applying for placement through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS).
PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION.
We admit trainees in three sessions every year that is January, May and September Intakes.
In between these periods we always announce admission dates and open the Application Portal for a period of time to allow all applicants to submit their applications.
For January Intake the portal remains open from October to December the previous year, for May intake the portal is opened between March and April, for September intakes the portal is open between July and August.
All prospective trainees who wish to join us for any course but reside/live far away are advised to apply online using our applications portal.
When using our course application portal/page, you should follow the steps outlined below to ensure a successful application;
- Navigate to the application page by clicking the Apply for Admission button or the Apply page.
- Create your portal account before logging in to begin your application ensuring your provide a valid email address that you can easily access because an account confirmation email will be sent to the address and you must open it to unlock your account before you can log in.
- After logging in, go to Profile and enter your details in the fields as accurately as possible.
- Attach your scanned academic credentials ensuring each document attached has a size that does not exceed 2 Mbs.
- Choose a Course then click the Apply button then confirm by clicking Submit button to complete the application process.
- Once the documents have been received they will be processed and if approved your admission documents will be instantly sent to you via the email you provided during application.
- After you receive the admission documents you should download them, read through carefully before filling them accurately then proceed to pay fees and purchase any admission requirements.
- On the day of admission come with the duly filled admission documents, the original fees payment bank slip and the other course requirements.
- Hostel facilities can be booked prior to reporting by first contacting the Office of the Dean of Students then after confirmation of vacant hostel space, paying the hostel fees as stipulated in the Fee Structure.
PROCEDURE FOR KUCCPS APPLICATION.
KUCCPS charges an application fee which is paid via m-pesa paybill.
- Visit the KUCCPS application portal https://students.kuccps.net/login/
- Create an account by entering your details as required at the login page.
- Once you have logged in search for Siaya Institute of Technology and click on the name to open and see all our available courses.
- Select the course you want then key in the required details to proceed to the payment section.
- Pay the required amount via the paybill number provided.
- After you receive your confirmation message key in the transaction number into the available text field and press confirm to complete your application.
- A confirmation message of your placement will be sent to you after a few days and your data will be sent to us.
- Once we have received your details we shall process and you shall navigate to our portal via https://portal.siayainstitute.ac.ke
- You will click on the download admission letter link.
- You will enter your index number and the year you sat for your examination.
- You will then click Submit to generate and download your admission documents automatically and instantly, the documents are compressed in a zip file, unzip them and print.
Download our course list here;
Office of the Registrar Academics and Student Affairs;
Mobile: 011 281 4143
Office of the Dean of Students;